Disclaimer * Note Legali

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Product Rave: Liz Earle review part 1


*As you can see, along with my products I have received 1. a newsletter, 2. a product guide, 3. a price list. Pretty professional, huh?!*

Hi everyone,
back in June I have received a lovely (and huge) package from Liz Earle (from the lovely Andrea, who I have to thank so much, as she selected some great products for me!), and due to my graduation and all I could not review the products sooner.
Nevertheless, I had time to give almost two months of usage to all of the products, so it was really time to write this review (I finished the Cleanse and Polish pump bottle yesterday, go figure).

So for those of you who don't know it yet, Liz Earle is a British company which is specialized in "naturally active skincare". The concept behind the brand is, in fact, using quality natural ingredients (even natural preservatives where possible, which results in most of their products being paraben-free); creating products whose application is simple and quick; preserving the environment, and finally give the customer an impeccable service. OH, and did I mention all of their products are cruelty-free? ;)

In my opinion, this brand keeps its promises! For instance, I will spend two words about their customer service: it really is impeccable. Each product comes wrapped in tissue paper, sealed with a sticker with their logo (which is really nice, by the way. It's a good balance between science and girly). If this isn't caring about customers, I don't know what is.

Let's get straight to the point (the review).

The first thing I'm going to write about is their CLEANSE AND POLISH HOT CLOTH CLEANSER, which has been sento to me in its Starter Kit version, consisting of a 100 ml pump bottle of Cleanse and Polish HCC, a tourquoise pouch, and 2 muslin cloths.
This product has been a classic for 15 years now, and won numerous awards in the UK.
Cleanse and Polish is a cream cleanser that you need to massage onto your face in circular movements (preferably), and will remove all makeup residues, and deeply cleans your skin. It leaves your face very soft and hydrated.
You have to remove this cleanser using one of the muslin cloths included in the kit, rinsed with hand-warm water.
I really love this product and it will be a definite repurchase!
This is the link to the naturally active ingredients in this product, and you can see some of them are even organic. The link also shows the properties of each ingredient, so you can see all of their benefits: click here.

The other product I want to talk about is the INSTANT BOOST SKIN TONIC, a lovely smelling tonic which is very delicate and does not dry or irritate your skin. It does not contain alcohol, and does not claim to be astringent when it is not. It is hydrating and calming, thanks to Vitamin E and Organic Aloe Vera, and rose-scented geranium.
I particularily love this product, and this is the ONLY tonic I can use on my skin. The bottle contains 200ml and I haven't finished it in almost 2 months! Incredible, as I have been using it twice a day daily! You can also select the spritzer version on the site :)
Here is another link with the ingredients and their properties: click here.

The last product I will review today is the SKIN REPAIR MOISTURIZER for normal/combination skin. It is a rich moisturizer that may seem greasy at first, but it is not. It moistens deeply, without resulting oily.
It leaves your skin soft and radiant, but it does not reduce redness or treat spots. It is a moisturizer, which has given a glow back to my skin after using lots of acne treatments products.
The jar contains 50ml which is enough for a lot of time, so it is a good value for the money.

Liz Earle products are not really cheap (not even super expensive, but still...), but they are definitely a good investment as products last you ages, they are natural, and super good products!

I will surely repurchase products from this brand, and I highly recommend you give it a try.
You can purchase Liz Earle online at http://uk.lizearle.com - or in some stores around the UK, Ireland, and the US. Check their website to find your nearest store!

The money bit:

Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, 100 pump zip-up bag, 2 muslin cloths: £13,00
Instant Boost Tonic 200ml bottle: £ 11,50
Skin Repair Moisturizer normal/combination, 50ml jar or tube: £17,25


DISCLAIMER: Products have been sent to me from Liz Earle for reviewing consideration.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good reviews of this brand, their products sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete