Disclaimer * Note Legali

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bellapierre Compact Mineral Foundation review


As promised, here I am starting with the Bellapierre products reviews.
First of the bunch, it's the Compact Mineral Foundation; a product that promises to be a "5 in 1": concealer, foundation, pressed powder, SPF 15. I know they miss the fifth use for this here. Eheh...

Anyway, this mineral foundation is very much an ingredient-friendly one:
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Lonicera Caprifolium(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, ChromiumOxide Green.
With such a small amount it is highly improbable someone gets any reaction to it. The only difference between this formulation and the loose powder one, lies in Jojoba Oil, which could be responsible for the "downside" of this foundation.
Let's get to it: as I first applied the foundation, with the sponge applicator which was included in the package, I was amazed by the coverage of this foundation. Perfect. Matte finish, concealing effect. I could even forget that I chose the wrong color for me (Latte has reddish undertones. Note to self.). To see proof of what I'm saying, you may as well check out the pictures on this post. It displays the porcelain doll effect that it initially give you: http://aliceinwonderland348.blogspot.com/2011/01/illamasqua-throb-inspired-make-up-much.html

I don't even know how much time passed exactly, because I went to work, but when I looked at myself in the mirror again the foundation looked...misplaced? It looked as if it melted or something, I couldn't even describe that. Probably too much oil? I don't even need oil-free foundations generally, and I had never seen something like that on my skin.
I think it could be the Jojoba Oil because the loose powder version of this foundation gets rave reviews on every site and especially on makeupalley.

Am I using it wrong? Did somebody else have the same reaction to it? I really liked it initially, but I don't think I could ever purchase it because that melting effect, and lack of lasting performance do not justify the 40 euros price tag.


Come promesso iniziocon le recensioni Bellapierre e più precisamente vi parlerò del loro fondotinta minerale compatto (Compact Mineral Foundation). Un prodotto che loro descrivono come 5 in 1: fondotinta, correttore, cipria, schermo di protezione solare 15...sì, si sono dimenticati il quinto uso. eheh. 
E' indubbiamente un fondotinta adatto alle persone sensibili all'argomento inci, infatti contiene pochi ingredienti e tutti naturali. Di sopra, nella versione inglese, è riportato l'inci in verde. 
L'unica differenza tra questa formulazione e quella del fondotinta in polvere sta nell'olio di Jojoba, che forse è responsabile dell'effetto che vi descriverò più avanti, quello che non mi fa promuovere questo prodotto, a dispetto di tutte le recensioni entusiastiche della versione in polvere trovate su MakeupAlley. 
Ebbene, se ad un primo impatto questo prodotto mi ha colpita per la sua coprenza, il suo effetto porcellana,  il finish matte, di cui potete aver prova in questo post:  , sono poi rimasta amaramente delusa. Perché? Perché dopo qualche ora (non so precisare quante ore perché sono andata al lavoro) sembrava che il fondotinta mi si fosse sciolto in faccia e quindi si stesse spostando un po' dove voleva lui. Non so nemmeno come spiegarlo, dato che è un effetto che non avevo mai visto. Può essere, appunto, per via dell'olio di Jojoba. E' anche strano perché non ho nemmeno bisogno di fondotinta oil-free solitamente.

Ecco, quest'effetta pecca di certo non me lo farà comprare, visto che non giustifica le 40 euro del prezzo
Dunque vi chiedo, c'è qualcun altro che ha provato questo esatto fondotinta ed ha avuto la stessa reazione? O qualcuno che mi sa dire se lo sto usando male?



Disclaimer: product provided by PR for reviewing consideration.

1 comment:

  1. purtroppo non ho mai usato questo brand e non posso aiutarti, però per 40 € di prodotto mi aspetto che rimanga lì intatto tutto il giorno! Un vero peccato >_<

    ReplyDelete